Wednesday, October 17, 2012

F is for ...

I had a few ideas on what to do for F in the ABC Challenge but the one that really stood out and begged to be done was frog. Not just any frog though, I wanted to do Blue Poison-Dart Frog nails. I actually want to do a collection of poison-dart frog nails.

nails nailart nail art nailpolish polish mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge f is for frog Poison Dart dots spots blue China Glaze First Mate Secret Peri-Wink-Le sponge sponged sponging gradient speckled speckles speckle

I started with a three coat base color of China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le and used my trusty eyeshadow applicator to lightly sponge on China Glaze First Mate. I mixed Secret Peri-Wink-Le with a small bit of L.A. Colors white to create the lighter speckles. The black dots were created with my largest and my smallest dotting tools and done with L.A. Colors Black. I'm sure even those who don't know anything about frogs know that frogs have this slick, wet or slimy look about them so I used two coats of top coat to give these nails an extra froggy shine.

nails nailart nail art nailpolish polish mani manicure Spellbound ABC Challenge f is for frog Poison Dart dots spots blue China Glaze First Mate Secret Peri-Wink-Le sponge sponged sponging gradient speckled speckles speckle

I used this stock photo as my inspiration. As animals go, I'm pretty neutral about frogs. I don't have a fear nor would I scream if I saw a frog but I wouldn't want to run up and try to pet them like I would a dog. However, I do find some breeds, the poison-darts especially, of frogs stunningly beautiful. The poison-dart frogs all have such bright, bold, and beautiful colors and markings. I find them oddly like butterflies in this way, using their colors and markings to warn off predators.

8 comments:

  1. They are really beautiful !! Nice work really !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks exactly like the frog, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing, you matched the colours and the shine exactly. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was worried I might not have got the colors right before I saw the pictures together.

      Delete
  4. Katie says that is so cool! She said we saw one of those frogs at the aquarium in TN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie. ♥ Was it as awesome as it looks in pictures?

      Delete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?