Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter Swatch

I can't resist a pretty glitter. I really can't! Who can? Sometimes I'm disappointed and other times I'm stunned. Can you guess which I am this time?


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Lacquer color swatch Pinky Glitter pink holographic rainbow shimmer pink light hot

Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter is stunning in the bottle, but there really aren't many polishes that live up to what you see in the bottle once on your nails. They almost always leave you slightly disappointed. But not this one! I am amazed at how well it photographs as well.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Lacquer color swatch Pinky Glitter pink holographic rainbow shimmer pink light hot

Pinky Glitter looks like a very bright hot pink in the bottle. However, it goes on a very pretty light pink if it's not layered. I used two slightly thick coats — only thick because the polish had gone slightly gloppy. I've had this in my 'to swatch' pile for a few months so I did expect it; Sinful Colors doesn't seem to hold up long — but what can you expect from a polish on the lowest end of the price scale? Two thick coats got me full coverage and the lovely color you see above.


nails nailart nail art polish mani manicure Spellbound Lacquer color swatch Pinky Glitter pink holographic rainbow shimmer pink light hot

Pinky Glitter is filled with small holographic glitter and a fine, sandy holographic shimmer. These holographic glitters are those perfect holo glitters that flash rainbow with the slightest movement. Perfect! It has such a beautifully soft and sandy texture that I left it without any top coat.

Color: A bright hot pink in the bottle but over naked nails it is a fairly light, yet very pretty, pink. It is filled with small and fine, sandy holographic glitter.
Finish: Glitter suspended in a pink base that dries to a really nice textured finish.
Application: It actually went on pretty well for being thick. There was none of the patchiness that some glitters have where the glitter clings to the brush more than your nail. Overall, the application was pretty much perfect.
Coats to Opaque: 2
My Rating: 4.9 — The only negative I have is the thickness. Sinful Colors does turns thick quickly, and it was something I expected. You can't expect much more for the price. Other than that the color is perfect, the glitter is so gorgeous, and it works great on its own and as a layering glitter.

13 comments:

  1. OMG gorgeous will have to find this!! :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just taken the 'Best Glitter' title of my collection, lol. :) I might have to pick up another bottle and stock up on it.

      Delete
  2. This is actually really gorgeous. I have passed it up before because I thought it would never look even close to what it does in the bottle. I am definitely going to pick it up next time, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleasantly surprised! Why can't all glitters be this great in and out of the bottle? Lol.

      Delete
  3. Holy crap I love that! Is it a dupe for Spoiled Polish I Gotta Confection To Make? Haven't seen this SC, I'm so gonna try to find it now =D Gorgeous swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't own the Spoiled polish but looking at swatches it is really close! I Gotta Confection To Make looks much more sheer though and the glitter slightly less rainbow perfection.

      Delete
  4. It really is. I'm looking forward to seeing how it layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is by far my most favorited polish by sinful colors BUT YET I still dont own it. Too many people snatch it up before I can get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks really pretty layered over a pastel pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this but haven't worn it yet but after seeing it I'm gonna have to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! And now I'm totally kicking this, I almost bought it a month or two ago but I put it back at the last minute! Now I have to get it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely.I need this in my collection.I love pink nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't give up on this nail polish! It has sooo much potential!
    Try it over another pink, and under a really nice top coat!
    I'm pretty sure it'll shine...

    Kisses from Brazil!
    P.s.: wish we had some more glitter over here... =\

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been disabled for the time being. I love talking to you lovelies, and I can't always do that if I'm forced to moderate every comment. I'm really hoping not to have to bring comment moderation back so ... please don't spam the blog?